COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Activity That Doesn’t Require Registration. You can view content on the Website without registering or providing any personal information. When you enter the Website, we collect information such as your browser and operating system type to optimize your experience on the Website and to track aggregate Website usage. In addition, we use a “session” cookie to identify you while you are on the Website, if cookies are enabled on your computer. This session cookie terminates once you finish using the Website and close your browser.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage of the Website, such as when you use the site, the areas of the site you click on and/or participate in, the tags you search for, and whether or not you subscribe to the RSS feed. A persistent cookie may be used to track this information. We may use pixel tags and/or trackable links in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and/or clicked on by recipients.
- Databases. We store database entries. Information collected through our forms is publicly displayed on the website. If you are the original submitter of such information, you may request to have it removed by contacting us.
- Contact Form and Emails. Messages and information sent via the Contact Form remains a private correspondence between you, the User, and Evidence-Based OT. Unless requested by the User, they are not displayed publicly on the website without your consent. This information (including email exchanges, attachments, etc.) is kept private, secure, and stored on our email servers archive for future reference, e.g. deletion requests, copyright claims, etc. When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 18.
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The limited personal information that Evidence-Based OT collects on the Website helps us to efficiently and effectively pursue our mission agenda.
- We will use your email address to communicate with you about Evidence-Based OT’s activities and offerings, unless you opt-out from receiving such messages. We will also use your email address for administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major Website changes, sending messages related to actions you have taken on the site or for customer service purposes. Although we hope you’ll find these communications informative and useful, if you don’t, you can always unsubscribe by following the simple instructions included in each email.
- We use both your personally identifying information and certain non-personally-identifying information (such as anonymous usage data, browser type, etc.) to improve the quality of your user experience and the design of the Website and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user behavior, preferences, trends, and actions.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. If we receive a subpoena requesting information about you and if you have provided us with your email address, we will attempt to notify you of the subpoena at the email address that you have provided. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Website or using the Evidence-Based OT name, to prevent bodily harm, to enforce our User Agreement, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to our site, our members, the public or Evidence-Based OT.
Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to this User Agreement, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. Evidence-Based OT may, in its sole discretion, modify this User Agreement at any time. By continuing to use this website following our posting of such changes, you agree to be bound by this User Agreement, as modified.
Through our sites, Evidence-Based OT provides users with access to resources, including personalized content. We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Website or any related sites, or any part of them, at any time, for any reason without prior notice to you. You agree that we shall not be liable for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
PERMISSIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
Evidence-Based OT hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in this User Agreement, provided that:
- You do not collect any personally identifiable information of others, including user names or email addresses, from the Website.
- You do not use the Website for any commercial purposes without the prior written authorization of Evidence-Based OT. You agree not to transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited advertising, promotional information, bulk e-mail or other solicitation. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to material they post on the Website.
- You do not use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Evidence-Based OT servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Evidence-Based OT grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Evidence-Based OT reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
- You do not transmit or otherwise make available any content containing any “virus,” “worm,” “trojan horse,” or any other computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You do not alter or modify any part of the Website.
- You do not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or our sites or servers (or networks connected to our Website).
- You do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or discomfort to a person or entity on or through the Website or its communication systems.
- You do not transmit or otherwise make available on or through the Website any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, as solely determined by Evidence-Based OT.
- Evidence-Based OT reserves the right to change or discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time, for any reason, and without notice to you.
- Evidence-Based OT reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user’s access to the Website, without prior notice and at Evidence-Based OT’s sole discretion.
- This list of permissions and restrictions, along with the other terms discussed below, is not intended to be complete, but merely illustrative. We reserve the right in our sole and final judgment to determine whether conduct violates conduct requirements for the Website.
USE OF WEBSITE CONTENT
In addition to the restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the Website:
- The content on the Website (other than your User Content), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (collectively, “Evidence-Based OT Content”) is owned by or licensed by Evidence-Based OT. Similarly, the trademarks, service marks and logos contained on the Website are owned or licensed by Evidence-Based OT. Except as otherwise provided in this User Agreement or elsewhere on the website (e.g., in the description of a campaign), the Evidence-Based OT marks may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of Evidence-Based OT. Evidence-Based OT reserves all rights to Evidence-Based OT Content and the Evidence-Based OT marks.
- The Website is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. As part of such use, you may display, download and/or print pages from the site; you may link to the Website; and you may forward Website materials to others for personal, non-commercial uses that are reasonably related to the Website’s purposes.
- You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to Evidence-Based OT Content, User Content, and other third-party content from a variety of sources, and that Evidence-Based OT makes no warranty about the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Evidence-Based OT Content, User Content, or other third-party content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Evidence-Based OT with respect thereto.
This Site is affiliated with Google AdSense for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. Google AdSense uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google AdSense and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, Google AdSense and our other advertising partners will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
How We Use Your Information:
- Serving Ads
- Ad Reporting and Conversions
- Customizing Ads
- Performance Analytics
- Contextual-Based Advertising
- Location-Based Advertising
By using this Site, you consent to the use of such cookies and the sharing of data captured by such cookies with Google AdSense and our other third-party partners.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA)
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Evidence-Based OT or User Content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing Evidence-Based OT with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Evidence-Based OT to locate the material;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, or that of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Evidence-Based OT can be reached on the Contact Page. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
This website is provided to you “as is.” you agree that your use of the Evidence-Based OT website shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Evidence-Based OT disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the website and your use thereof. Evidence-Based OT cannot and do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currentness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the site’s content or the content of any sites linked to this site. Nor does Evidence-Based OT guarantee that the website will be error free, or continuously available, or that the website will be free of viruses or other harmful components. Evidence-Based OT do not warrant, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service provided, advertised or offered by a third party through the Evidence-Based OT website or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising.
In no event shall the Evidence-Based OT be liable to you or anyone else for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever, whether or not they are foreseeable, relating to this website, including any damages resulting from any (I) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website, (iii) unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website, (v) bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party, and/or (vi) errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Evidence-Based OT website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Evidence-Based OT advised of the possibility of such damages. You specifically acknowledge that Evidence-Based OT shall not be liable for user content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. To the extent these laws apply to you, some of the provisions set forth in this agreement may not apply. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Evidence-Based OT against any and all claims, of whatever nature, that arise out of your use of and access to the Evidence-Based OT website or your violation of any of this user agreement. This indemnification obligation will survive this user agreement and your use of the Evidence-Based OT website.
ABILITY TO ACCEPT AGREEMENT
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this User Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this User Agreement. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Evidence-Based OT Website is not intended for children under 13.
This User Agreement is made effective as of June 22, 2021.