Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines for Occupational Therapy
Open-Access for All
Guidelines are sourced from credible journals around the world such as AJOT.**
Sources include: OT literature, occupational science, allied health sciences, and more.
RCTs and Systematic Reviews
Multiple Level I sources are considered before being added to the Guideline Database.
Last evaluated dates are included in all Guideline entries.
Use more up to date OT practice guidelines.
One Website for Your OT EBP
Simple and intuitive to use.
No logging in required.
Quickly Search by Terms
Search by condition, intervention, evidence-level, variable, and more.
Filterable and Sortable Data
Multiple combinations of filtering and sorting of the data are possible.
Simple & Easy to Interpret Guideline Scale
Guidelines are recommended using traffic light colors:
Green (Proceed), Yellow (Caution), and Red (Stop).
- Constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT) for acute and sub-acute stroke in Adults
- Imitation for Play Occupation in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Self-Esteem for Adolescents with Depression
- Wilbarger Protocol for Sensory Processing Disorders in Children
- Mirror Therapy for Upper Extremity Function after Stroke
Contribute to EBOT
Evidence at your fingertips.
No more membership fees, subscriptions, or purchases.
How EBP is Added to EBOT
EBOT is a volunteer effort – we do not get paid for the time spent reviewing submissions.
- Submit Guidelines for EBOT via the Submission Forms.
- EBOT Volunteers will review your submission and contact you if it requires edits.*
- Your submission is added to the Guideline Database if it meets our guidelines.
Help Increase the OT Knowledge Base
If you interested in becoming a volunteer, read about our mission, story,
and learn about how volunteering works.
. . .
*Guideline review times will vary depending on the number of submissions in the overall queue.
**Evidence-Based OT and the content provided are not affiliated or endorsed by AOTA or NBCOT®.